Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Flabbergasted

This is a meme I did for a good friend of mine following something very funny she wrote last year. It's one of those happy examples of a time when a phrase and a picture just find themselves in beautiful harmony.

In other not so notable news, the Small Child was sick on Saturday. Thankfully, it was one of those 12 hour bugs and did not involve much in the way of copious amounts of vomitting, for which I am exceedingly grateful. Memories of the The Great Giardia Explosion of 2009 are still fresh in my mind, when the Small Child was much smaller and not of a sufficiently mature grasp of linguistics to be able to tell me she had a funny metalic taste in her mouth, which I gather is one of the principal methods of diagnosing the bug.

Alas, we had to do it the long way, which involved copious amounts of chuck, poo samples, a scarily limp and lethargic child and numerous trips to the GP/hospital/paediatrician, all in a two week period before we left to go to Ireland on our first trip back since we left in October 2006. I honestly never thought we'd make it. It didn't help that Himself was working for an utter dickhead of the I-employ-you-so-your-soul-belongs-to-me species, and working long, long hours.

We're still not entirely sure what caused the bug. Himself suspects it was dodgy blueberries, this being the first item heralding its arrival, and I am inclined to agree with him. The Small Child resolutely refuses to buy this in any way, shape or form, and chucks tanties when she sees what she currently can't have.

Oh, well, maybe tonight, when I purchase some fresh ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment