Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Cast Has Died

Ok, so that was a really bad pun, probably unworthy of the name. But still, the cast has now left my right foot, and after about an hour in the shower yesterday, more or less successfully removing the accumulated gunk off said foot, it's right to go.

Except it's not. It's still incredibly swollen with a weird little red patch of broken capilliaries in a very prominent position on what used to be my attractive and slender right ankle. Nothing attractive or slender about it now, my boy! It has a 4 inch scar up the back, a host of little black dots caused by ingrown hairs around the entire ankle and calf, against which war will be waged, and the aforementioned capilliaries. I also have a right foot like Barbie's (leaving aside that hers are slim, hairless and brown) and so currently cannot wear flat shoes. This is more problematic that I once might have imagined.

Still it's gone. And it ain't coming back again. No. Oh, no no no. And I'm enjoying the subtle pleasures of being able to stand up in the shower, roll over in bed without a dead weight on my leg and the fact that I no long feel like I am wearing a winter boot in the middle of a hot and humid Sydney summer.

Ah, the heat.

Let me pass now the other issue of note at present. According to the Herald, it is currently 32 degrees, although hotter earlier in the day. This is, however, only the start of an entire week of hot weather that is not predicted to end until Sunday. And it will be humid, so it will be sweltering at night as well. The joy. Those who posit the theory that hell is a furnace have ignored the crucial element of water. Hell should really be described as a humid furnace if maximum torture is required for the masses interred therein.

No comments:

Post a Comment