Sunday, December 26, 2010

So simple and so revolutionary

It occurred to me the other day that I could get around mum's house on the chair from the study. What a revelation.

Suddenly, I can move about easily. Brought it back home and I Can Do Things. It's brilliant. I started the dishwasher and brushed the small child's teeth for the first time in nearly a month (this does not mean that they hadn't been done, just that Himself had been getting her to do it and not to my entire satisfaction). I cooked dinner. It doesn't worry me when the small child wants something because I can do it, and easily. I can get drunk because piloting a chair is easier than crutches.  I don't have sore legs and I can get everywhere quickly. It has transformed life.

Yes, that IS a bloody large G&T on the table!

The small child has discovered the concept of "Chocolatey Hungry". I'm quite impressed that she asks about it "Mum, I'm a bit chocolately hungry". At her age, I wouldn't have asked, I'd have just eaten. And quickly. But she doesn't like strawberry milk. This is brilliant.  A treat, ie pink milk, a la Charlie & Lola, and she doesn't like it. So she doesn't have a sweet tooth. For this, may the Good Lord make me truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment