Friday, December 17, 2010

I'm sick of these crutches.

REALLY sick of them. And the buggers have only been on for 2 weeks. Another 4 to go. Not a lot of Christmas joy here this year. But at least I now have a lifetime supply of panadeine forte. Gotta love that stuff.

On the positive side, I actually got to go in to see Charlie & Lola today, thanks to the staff at the Opera House, who not only provided a free wheelchair but also a different seat so that I wouldn't have to exhibit my undoubted inefficiency with said crutches. It has made my week. which my week needed.

Small child has been going overboard on the hair twirling and I am starting to wonder if I will have any left by the new year. Hair, that is. I should have the small child. I have now watched Dora's Christmas extravaganza a good half dozen times over the last 36 hours. I'm a little over it. Yes, this is an understatement.

Himself received a yodelling goat at the work Christmas Party. He thought it was great. Mind you he hasn't had to listen to Dora in one ear and a plush goat singing "High on a hill lived a lonely goatherd" in the other, as the small child quickly learnt to manipulate its mouth.

I wonder if the knowledge that the song is from The Sound of Music will diminish his ardour. Must find out. He is turning out to be like his father in ways I never knew. Much as I love Buzz, this nascient love of musical toys is disturbing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment