Saturday, December 18, 2010

And then there was Toast.

The Small Child is finally re-naming some of her dolls. Up till now, she has been fairly unadventurous in the naming stakes, going for endless variations of baby, babby, bubby etc with multiple dolls having the same name.

Today, we got something different. One doll has been renamed Toast, another Roast and the third has had a torrid time being variously Toosa, Toosla and now Toaster Roaster. No, I don't know where this has come from either. Just as she was going to bed, she decided that they were three baby Jesuses, recalling her show stopper at the creche Christmas show where she played "Jesus's mummy". I must say she did look rather adorable in the blue cape as shown in the mobile video Himself took of the event, myself being laid up with these wretched crutches.

Himself is somewhat perturbed by this infantile religious feeling. Growing up in Ireland, I suppose he has seen how the church gets a hold on children. I, on the other hand, have no fears, having grown up with my strongly atheist family. Given that the majority of his family is now leaning, at the very least to agnosticism also, I can't see that there is much to worry about.

She now want to know if she can sleep in the bathroom, having taken a scunner to her bedroom. For preference she would sleep with us, but this is not on. I have to get nookie sometimes and I'm not doing it with an audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment